- Material Data
Home » Material Data »
1. Product identificationDescription: Wood Flooring
2. Transportation dataShipping name: Not Classified. Hazard Class: N/A. ID #: N/A
3. HMIS (0 = minimal hazard; 4 = severe hazard)Health = 0 Flammability = 1 Reactivity = 0
4. Product contentThis product does not contain chemicals subject to the reporting requirements of Section 313 of SARA Title III and 40 CFR 372. All components are on TSCA inventory. This product does NOT contain asbestos.
5. Hazardous ingredients
|Chemical Identity; Common Name||C.A.S. No.||OSHA PEL||ACGIH TLV, ACGIH TLV|
|Wood Dust||N/A||15 mg/m3 (total dust)||Certain hard woods:|
|5 mg/m3 (respirable dust)||1 mg/m3|
|5 mg/m3 recommended1 softwood and hard wood||Soft wood: 5 mg/m3|
|10 mg/m3 (STEL) recommended1 softwood and hardwood||STEL: 10 mg/m3|
6. Physical dataAPPEARANCE: Material dependent. BOILING POINT (degrees F): N/A. VAPOR PRESSURE (mm Hg@20 degrees C): N/A. VAPOR DENSITY (Air= 1): N/A. PERCENT VOLATILE BY WEIGHT (30 min.@275°F): N/A. EVAPORATION RATE (Butyl Acetate = 1): N/A. SOLUBILITY IN WATER: N/A. SPECIFIC GRAVITY (H20 = 1): N/A. pH: N/A.
7. Fire and explosion hazard dataFLASH POINT (METHOD): N/A. FLAMMABLE RANGE: LEL:=N/A; UEL = N/A. EXTINGUISHING MEDIA: Water spray. SPECIAL FIRE FIGHTING PROCEDURES: Protect fire fighters from toxic products of combustion by wearing self-contained breathing apparatus. UNUSUAL FIRE AND EXPLOSION HAZARDS: Sawing, sanding or machining wood products can produce wood dust that can cause an explosive or combustion hazard. Auto Ignition Hazard: 400 –500°F.
8. Health hazard dataPRIMARY ROUTE(S) OF ENTRY: N/A. TARGET ORGANS: N/A. EFFECTS OF OVEREXPOSURE: N/A. SKIN AND EYES: N/A. INHALATION: N/A. CARCINOGENICITY: NTP: No; IARC Monographs: Yes (as wood dust); OSHA Regulated: No. MEDICAL CONDITIONS GENERALLY AGGRAVATED BY EXPOSURE: N/K. FIRST AID PROCEDURES: N/A. SKIN AND EYES: N/A. INHALATION: N/A. INGESTION: N/A.
9. Reactivity dataSTABILITY: N/A. INCOMPATIBILITY: N/A. HAZARDOUS DECOMPOSITION PRODUCTS: N/A. HAZARDOUS POLYMERIZATION: N/A.
10. Spill or leak proceduresSTEPS TO BE TAKEN IF MATERIAL IS RELEASED OR SPILLED: Wood dust may be vacuumed or shoveled for recovery or disposal. Avoid creating dusty conditions. Provide good ventilation. WASTE DISPOSAL METHOD: Dispose of in accordance with Federal, State, and Local Waste Disposal Regulations.
11. Safe handling and use informationVENTILATION: N/A. RESPIRATORY PROTECTION: N/A. SKIN AND EYE PROTECTION: N/A.
12. Special precautionsPRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN IN HANDLING AND STORAGE: N/A. OTHER PRECAUTIONS: N/A. LABEL INSTRUCTIONS: Front Panel –! Caution: Respiratory, Eye and Skin Irritant. See cautionary statement on side panel. Side Panel –! Caution: Wood dust. Sawing, sanding and machining wood products can produce wood dust. Airborne wood dust can cause respiratory, eye and skin irritation. PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES: If power tools are used, they should be equipped with a dust collector. If high dust levels are encountered, use an appropriate NIOSH designed dust mask. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. FIRST AID MEASURES IN CASE OF IRRITATION: In case of irritation, flush eyes or skin with water for at least 15 minutes.
13. Toxicological informationWOOD DUST: Wood dust generated from sawing, sanding or machining this product may cause nasal dryness, irritation, coughing and sinusitis. Wood dust is not considered a potential cancer hazard by OSHA or the National Toxicology Program (NTP). The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) classifies wood dust as a carcinogen to humans (Group 1). The classification is based primarily on IARC's evaluation of increased risk in the occurrences of adenocarcinomas of the nasal cavities and paranasal sinuses associated with exposure to wood dust. The information presented herein is supplied as a guide to those who handle or use this product. Safe work practices must be employed when working with any materials. It is important that the end user make a determination regarding the adequacy of the safety procedures employed during the use of this product.
N/A –not applicable or not available
N/K –none known or not known